Saturday, February 13, 2010

NBA All-Star Weekend

After watching today's festivities for the All-Star game I feel pretty empty. The game of H.O.R.S.E had some moments of entertainment but it drug on what seemed like forever. The only bright spot was the ending as Rajon Rondo and Kevin Durant hit a long string of three point shots with Durant being the victor.

The three point contest was probably the highlight of the evening which ended in a battle between rookie star Stephan Curry and Celtics star Paul Pierce. It came down to the wire with Pierce prevailing, but the excitement that Pierce displayed after winning was what truly made it special.

Now I must talk about the final event of the evening, the Dunking Contest. All week I watched highlights of the greatest dunks from years past and then today, I saw things that I could see at the Intramural Building on campus. With only notable highlight from Demar DeRozan, I wonder why the NBA's biggest stars won't participate? What is LeBron's beef with participation? Jordan did it, Vince Carter did it, and even Kobe did it. So if the NBA keeps getting guys that aren't gonna put show, then I probably won't watch and neither will anyone else. C'mon the three point contest was more interesting for crying sakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment