Thursday, February 4, 2010

What a fantastic week this is!

I would first like to apologize to all of my fans for my recent leave from the blog. Finals week came and I tailed off from the blog but I am back in the swing of things and have some things that I would like to talk about.

First off I am struggling to decide which I am more excited for, The Super Bowl or The Budweiser Shootout at Daytona. One marking the end of a season and the other marking the beginning of a new year. Some may think that I am foolish for comparing the magnitude of the Super Bowl with the less renown Bud Shootout, but I challenge you to sit and watch the coverage leading up to the race and not feel even a hint of excitement.

Also let us not forget the national holiday that took place yesterday in the world of college football. National Signing Day, a stimulus package for every college football program across the nation, the day when those blue chip recruits finalize where they will be attending college for the next three to four years. An exciting day for any avid college football player.

I would like to end my first post since my leave of absence with my prediction for the Super Bowl. I really like the Saints with the spread in this game. If Dwight Freeney plays, I doubt he will have anywhere near the impact that he has throughout this post season. Peyton Manning is the best in the business but an opportunistic Saints defense will be more formidable than most fans think. Give me Drew Brees and a five and a half point spread and that is my winner.

1 comment:

  1. So many people have this go for the underdog mentality that I feel as though the Colts have become the underdog. Sure, over all I believe the Saints are more balanced. But that doesn't mean the Colts don't have one of the best passing offenses I have seen in a long time. Even the Jets, who in my eyes had a way mroe stingy defense, struggled containing Payton's pinpoint accuracy and perfect timing. If Payton gets the protection that I expect he will, the Saints will have no answer for Mannings superior understanding of the game. On the Flipside, even with Freeny at half capacity he is one of the best DE' in the nation. As long as the secondary can stop that Drew Breez quick pass play, Freeny and the Colts D will be able to keep Breez on the run. I have Colts winning by a touchdown.

    ReplyDelete